Name & Designation
Profile - Education
MBBS, M.D.(IH& BT)
ISBTI , ISTM & IMA
· Co-Investigator in A Major Project funded by UGC on “Evaluation of the quality of blood components – a prospective study” has been completed.
· Co-Guide in Ongoing Project -Funded by The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University Grants for the “Estimation of prevalence of Factor VIII Inhibitors Hemophilia A Patient” –
a. A study on Intention and behavioral factors on voluntary blood donation - Recruiting and retaining Young people as voluntary blood donors, Abstract.- Asian Journal of Transfusion Science, Jan 2010.
b. Phenotyping of Rare Blood Group, Abstract.- Asian Journal of Transfusion Science, Jan 2011.
c. Proteomics in Transfusion Medicine, Abstract - Asian Journal of Transfusion Science, Jan 2012
d. Prevalance of red cell antibody in Antenatal Mothers – S.Hamsavardhini, P.Arumugam, in International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences. IJCMR 2 (2), 177-181
e. Co-investigator in UGC major research project on Evaluation of the Quality of Blood Components - a Prospective Study
f. Malaria screening among voluntary blood donors – To find out the prevalence and to evaluate the sensitivity of different technique B Latha,
g. S Hamsavardhini, P Arumugam IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-JDMS) 1 (15), 85-88
h. Resolving ABO discrepancies by serological workup- an analysis of few cases P Arumugam, S Hamsavardhini, J Ravishankar; International Journal of Research in Medical Sciences 5 (3), 893-900, Vol 5, No.3 (2017).
1. NATIONAL CONFERENCES TRANSCON & TRANSMEDCON – YEARLY (2009 – 2018)
1. Attended “IRCS Blood Safety Planning Workshop” Organized in collaboration with American Red Cross (Global AIDS Program) at Manesar, Gurgaon, New Delhi for two days from 18th September, 2002.
2. Participated in the “Blood Donor Motivation Workshop (GAP)” held at Ramoji Film City, Hyderabad on 11th – 13th June, 2003.
3. Undergone Training in “Quality Management in Blood Transfusion Services Workshop” at Hyderabad from 18th – 23rd August, 2003.
4. Attended 29th National Conference –2004 organized by Indian Society of Blood Transfusion and Immunohaematology at Chennai from 23rd – 25th September, 2004.
5. Resource person on ‘Autologous Transfusion Medicine’, at Laboratory Professionals Day held on April 28, 2006 at Madras Medical Mission Hospital.
6. Attended workshop on HIV counseling at CMC, Vellore from 26th –30th June 2006.
7. Undergone one week’s Observation in Interventional Procedure – Intra Uterine Blood Transfusion and Cordocentisis Ultrasound at Mediscan, Chennai.
8. Attended STEM CELL APHERESIS and first hand training in plateletpheresis at APOLLO SPECIALITY HOSPITALS, CHENNAI from 1-6-2011 to 30-6-2011.
9. Completed a training programme in cord stem cell banking and interventional procedure at Jeevan Blood Bank, Chennai.
10. Undergone training in various sections of the dept. and learnt the operation of various modern blood bank technologies at Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow from 16-09-2011 to 06-10-2011.
11. Attended 2days workshop for ToT conducted at conventional hall Mahabalipuram organized by NACO&CMAI
12. Attended 4 days training on Strengthening Quality Management System conducted at Christian Medical College (CMC), Vellore from 19th – 22nd June 2017.
Resource Person for NACO/NBTC Blood Bank Regional Training Centre. (The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University)
As a member of inquiry team issued by G.O (Rt).No,1145 Health and family welfare department- complaint of HIV infection from Blood Transfusion in Government Hospital, Sattur
As Liaison officer to co-ordinate with VC search committee