Name & Designation
Profile - Education
M.B.B.S., M.D (Microbiology)
- Worked as Faculty in Sai Supreme Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination Training Centre For Doctors (SPEED), Chennai from July 2007 to December 2007.
- As Assistant Professor in Department of Transfusion Medicine and Immunology, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from March 2008 to August 2012.
- Additional charge- Deputy Controller of Examinations(Indian Systems of Medicine) in The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from May 2010 to July 2011
- Additional charge- Controller of Examinations of The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from July 2011to August 2012
- As Associate Professor in Department of Experimental Medicine, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from August 2012 to 5th August 2014.
- Additional charge- Registrar of The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from September 2012 to May 2013
- As Associate Professor in Department of Transfusion Medicine, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from August 5th 2014 to August 29th 2014.
- As Associate Professor in Department of Experimental Medicine, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai from August 29th 2014 onwards.
Indian Association of Medical Microbiology -Membership No 2427
As Quality Manager of HIV Testing Laboratory in the Department of Experimental Medicine, played a key role in Documentation and maintaining the Quality System Management of the Laboratory.
The laboratory is now accredited by NABL for HIV Testing -MC-2204
National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for the External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS) in HIV testing
Effect of HIV infection and antiretroviral therapy on ageing in HIV reactive patients- A cross sectional study.
- Sivasangeetha K, Harish B N, Sujatha S, Parija S C, Dutta T K. Cryptococcal meningoencephalitis diagnosed by blood culture. Indian J Med Microbiol 2007;25:282-4
- Sistla S, Karthikeyan S, Biswas R, Parija SC, Patro DK. Acute osteomyelitis caused by Rhodococcus equi in an immunocompetent child. Indian J Pathol Microbiol 2009;52:263-4
- Mathanraj S, Sujatha S, Sivasangeetha K, Parija S C. Screening for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus carriers among patients and health care workers of a tertiary care hospital in south India. Indian J Med Microbiol 2009;27:62-4
- Rahul Dhodapkar, S Sujatha, K Sivasangeetha, G Prasanth, Subhash Chandra Parija. Burkholderia pseudomallei infection in a patient with diabetes presenting with multiple splenic abscesses and abscess in the foot: a case report. Bio Med Central Published: 7 October 2008 Cases Journal 2008, 1:224
- Jacob SM, Ganesan A, Chandrasekar C, Sivasangeetha K, Kumar SJ .(2014) The value of serological testing of Cryptococcal antigen in HIV positive individuals with low CD4 counts- a preliminary report. Transworld Medical Journal. 2 (1): 44-46.
- K. Sivasangeetha, S. Mini Jacob, Mohan Das Joe Chandra, Mayil Vahanan Natarajan, D. Shantharam. (2014) Academic performance of First Year Medical Students in Tamil Nadu, India. Journal of Contemporary Medical Education. 2 (4).222-226.
- K.Mary Sushi, K.Sivasangeetha, A.Suresh Kumar, Pandi Shastri, A.Ganesan, D.Anitha, G.Thatchinamoorthy, S.Mini Jacob. (2014) Seroprevalence of Leptospirosis, Enteric fever and Dengue in patients with acute febrile illness in Tamil Nadu, India. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research 3 (2): 615-623.
- S. M. Jacob, K. Sivasangeetha, K. M. Sushi, G. Thatchinamoorthy, D.Anitha and A. Ganesan. (2015) Health Education Program on Leptospirosis among College Students in Chennai, South India. International Journal of Tropical Disease and Health. 7(4): 172-177.
- Arumugam Ganesan, Saramma Mini Jacob, S Baskaran, K. Sivasangeetha, K. Mary Sushi, D.Anitha. (2015) Assessment of Modified Immunofluorescent Technique for Detection of Human Leptospirosis in Febrile Patients in Chennai, India. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2 (suppl_1), 1732.
- K. Sivasangeetha, K. Mary Sushi, G. Thatchinamoorthy, S. Mini Jacob. (2015) Health Awareness on Malaria and its recent developments in college students, Chennai, South India. International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7 (17): 15-19.
- Jacob SM, Gopal T, Kanagasabai S, Durairaj A, Sushi KM, Arumugam G. (2015) Herpes simplex virus 2 infection in HIV-seropositive individuals in Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 4 (3): 404-407.
- Sivasangeetha K, Mary Sushi K, Thatchinamoorthy G, Mini Jacob S, Shantharam D. (2015) Influence of Awareness Programme on Tuberculosis in College Students in Chennai. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 5(2): 329-334.
- K Sivasangeetha, S Geethalakshmi, G Thatchinamoorthy, P Gouthami, S.Mini Jacob. (2016) Seroprevalence of hepatitis E virus infection and their associated risk factors in pregnant women in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3 (suppl_1), 423.
- S. Mini Jacob, S. Geethalakshmi, S. Jasmine Abinaya Mary, K. Sivasangeetha, G. Pachiyappan, G. Thatchinamoorthy,P. Gowthami. (2016) Scrub Typhus: A Cause for Pyrexia of Unknown Origin-Scenario in Chennai City, South India. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3 (suppl_1), 614.
- Kamala Mary Sushi, S Geethalakshmi, K Sivasangeetha, S Mini Jacob, Gopal Thatchinamoorthy, D Anitha, A Ganesan, G Pachiyappan,P. Gowthami. (2016) Social Responsibility leads the way for leadership and engagement of College Students on effective and sustainable HIV responses. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3 (suppl_1), 2280.
- S Kanagasabai, G Thatchinamoorthy, A Ganesan, G Pachiyappan, P Gouthami, S Valarmathi, S Mini Jacob. (2016) Seroprevalence of Scrub typhus and coinfection with leptospirosis in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 45(1):178.
- Jacob SM, Geethalakshmi S, Rani FB, Karthikeyan S, Gopal T, Elumalai S. (2017) A cross-sectional study of Cryptococcal Antigenemia in Anti-Retroviral naive HIV infected patients. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences. 6(90):6330-2.
- K.Sivasangeetha. (2018) Ethical issues in Geriatric care.
- Attended CME programme on ‘Interpretations in Clinical Microbiology’ organized by the department of Microbiology, K.A.P.V Govt. Medical college Tiruchy in April 2006
- Attended XXIX National congress of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists at Sri Rama Chandra medical college & RI (DU), Chennai. – October 2005
- Attended the IAMM Meet 2004 Tamil nadu and Pondicherry chapter held at Coimbatore Medical College on 9th Oct 2004 MMC Faculty training 2010
- Attended Conference on An International Association of Medical Education(AMEE) 27-31 August 2011 at Vienna
- Attended 16th Annual International Association of Medical Science Educators(IAMSE) Meeting held on June 23 - 26, 2012, Portland, OR USA.
- Attended the Application of PCR Techniques in Moleclar Diagnosis at Trichy Medical College from 16/9/13 to 17/9/13
- "Fundamentals of Biostatistics, Principles of Epidemiology&SPSS" conducted by Department of Biostatistics, Christian Medical College, Vellore held in November 2013
- Three day workshop on“Orientation and Implementation of ISO 15189 : 2012 Quality Standards in the HIV Testing Reference Laboratories” from 14th to 16th April 2014 at Trivandrum conducted by PCI in co-ordination with NACO
- Internal Audit and Quality Management System Training (IA&QMS)
- Certificate course conducted by Federation for Quality(India) Bangalore at MMM Hospital, Mogappair Chennai from 11th to 14th October 2014
- Participated in Regional ToT on 14th round of HIV sentinel Surveillance 2015 (ANC) held on 8th and 9th December 2014 at National Institute of Epidemiology(ICMR), Chennai.
- Participated in 7th National Conference of AIDS Society of India- ASICON 2014 held from 12th to 14th December, 2014 at Kolkatta
- Participated and successfully completed the one day orientation training on Infection Control and bio-Medical Waste management Practices held on 24.06.2015 at Regional training centre, Madras Medical College & Rajiv Gandhi General Hospital, Chennai.
- The Clinical Society Certificate of Merit at Sree Balaji Dental College and Hospital, Pallikaranai, Chennai for the presentation of scientific paper on Infectious Diseases in the Clinical Society Meeting held on 21.07.2015
- Awareness programme on Good Clinical Practice and Current Regulatory Requirements for members of Institutional Ethics Committee at Kilpauk Medical College, Conducted by CDSA, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India –August 18-20, 2015.
- Pariciapted and had Oral Presentation in MICROCON 2015, held at JIPMER, Pondicherry from 25th – 29th November 2015. Acted as Chairperson for oral presentation, Judge for poster presentations
- Had POSTER presentation at the 17th International Congress on Infectious Diseases held in Hyderabad, India, from March 2 to 5, 2016.
- Participated and successfully completed the Ethics Teachers Training Course at SRM University, Chennai in association with UNESCO Bangkok on 11th to 15th April 2016
- Attended the Chennai ART Symposium-CART 2016 held on 16th and 17th April 2016 at ITC ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
- Participated in 1st National Conference & Exhibition on e-Health, Telemedicine and Health ICT on 18th June 2016 held at Aravind Eye Hospitals, Madurai.
- Attended the annual Conference of Indian Academy of Tropical Parasitology (IATP) on 2nd July 2016 at Salem.
- Participated in CME on “Patency” conducted by Department of Medical Education and Curriculum Development, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 26th August 2016.
- Participated in CME on Obesity conducted by Department of Medical Education and Curriculum Development, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 21st October 2016.
- Participated and had poster presentation at ID Week 2016TM, October 26-30, 2016 at the New Orleans Convention Center, in New Orleans, LA.
- As a Member of the Training faculty at the accredited, ‘3T Plus & Integrated Bioethics Health Science Training program’ held from 18.8.2016 to 20.8.2016 at the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- Participated in BMJ Conclave: Strategic Partnerships & Growth: Universities & Hospitals held on 19th August 2016 at The Rain Tree Anna Salai, Chennai.
- Participated in the Regional Training of Trainers HIV Sentinel Surveillance (ANC & HRG-2017) on 10th and 11th January 2017 at NIE, Chennai.
- Participated in the Orientation Training Programme for Non AYUSH Doctors held from 13.02.2017 to 18.02.2017 at the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai.
- Participated in the workshop on Introduction on E-learning in Education, organized by the Department of Siddha, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, held on 2nd and 3rd March 2017.
- As a Member of the Training faculty at the accredited, ‘3T Plus & Integrated Bioethics Health Science Training course for Medical ans Health Science Faculty held from 6th to 8th march 2017 at SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Center, SRM University, Chennai.
- Participated in Regional laboratory training for SRL/NRL-HIV Sentinel Surveillance (HSS-2017) on 14th March 2017, at NIE, Chennai.
- Participated in CME on Cancer Immunotherapy conducted by Department of Immunology, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, held on 23rd March 2017.
- Participated in CME on Awareness on Oncology conducted by Department of Medical Education and Curriculum Development, The Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, held on 31st March 2017.
- Participated in the Seminar on Bio-Medical Waste Management 2016 Guidelines, Organised by the Department of Experimental Medicine, the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 28th June 2017
- Participated in the Workshop on “Hands on Training in Excel” organized by the Department of Siddha, the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 22nd September 2017
- Participated in the II World Bioethics Day program, Organised by the Department of Experimental Medicine, the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 20th October 2017
- Participated in the State Conference on Telemedicine Telemedicine 2017-Health Care Solution in Tamil Nadu held at The Tamil Nadu DrM.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 21st October 2017.
- Participated in the Seminar on National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical and Health Research involving Human
- Participants -ICMR 2017 Guidelines, Organised by the Department of Experimental Medicine, the Tamil Nadu Dr.M.G.R Medical University, Chennai on 27th March 2018
- Attended the Chennai ART Symposium-CART 2018 held on 28th and 29th April 2018 at ITC ITC Grand Chola, Chennai.
- Participated in the QA Camp’s Summary Deliberation on Bioethics teaching for Trainers at the 2nd National Quality Assurance camp and Certification for Trainers on 26th &27th May 2018 at Le Royal Meridian, Chennai.