- By An Order Dated 25.7.2012 Passed in M.P. 1 of 2012 in W.P.No.19407 of 2012 the Hon’ble Mr.Justice K.Chandru has Granted Interim Stay Against the Letter Dated 9.7.2012 of Nursing Council of India Regarding Change of Pattern of Examination for U.G./P.G. Courses.
- Write Petition Challenging the double the duration scheme
- No provision for Revaluation
- The Medical University had filed a civil suit in Hon'ble High Court Madras for grant of permanent injunction restraining Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institution, Maduravoyal, Chennai from calling themselves as Dr. M.G.R. Deemed University (or) Dr. M.G.R. University (or) in any manner using any other name similar (or) deceptively similar to the name of this Medical University. The Hon’ble High Court decreed the about suit in favour of the University as prayed for. (Judgement dated 13.10.2011 on O.S. 13515/10)
- Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600 095., The Chairman, Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600 095., A.C. Shanmugam, Dr. M.G.R. Educational and Research Institute, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600 095., M/s Kannammal Educational Trust, having its registered office at No.22, G.N. Chetty road, T.Nagar, Chennai 600 017., Dr. M.G.R. Engineering College, Periyar E.V.R. High Road, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600 095., Thai Moogambikai Dental College and Hospital, Maduravoyal, Chennai 600 095. Their men, servants, agents or any one claiming under them or any other their institutions or Research Centres or any one associated with them are hereby restrained by way of permanent injunction, from calling themselves as Dr. MGR Deemed University or Dr. MGR University or in any other manner using any other name similar or deceptively similar to the name of the Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University.
- Victory for Higher Standard in Dental Education