Information Technology Developments
Enhancement of IT Infrastructure
- The entire Local Area Network has been created across the University Buildings.
- Connectivity has been enhanced to 2 MBPS at no additional cost.
- Additional Servers and Desktop Computers with printers and UPS have been procured and deployed.
- Part of the work on the linking of the University to the National Knowledge Network has been completed.
- IT Asset Repository has been created with a list of IT Assets of the University.
- Firewall has been procured.
Enhancement of IT Skills for the staff of the University
- 3 day training has been organized on basic IT skills to all university staff through ELCOT/TNEGA in 2010.
- Application Training has been provided on the respective component of the software applications to the university staff/users of the application.
Deployment and Implementation of IT Applications that can Automate Processes and Enhance Operational Efficiencies.
- New layout of Web site
- Moving the University Web site to an ISP to ensure greater availability and reduced down time.
- All (old/current) Syllabus / Regulations / Statutes / Application Forms made available in the University Web site.
- Introduction of Accounting software for inventory.
- Removal of some manual registers.
- All purchase order, issues and Receipts Registers generated through system.
- The scheme of Online Application System for issue of Eligibility Certificate has been created and is implemented from 2011-2012 academic year onwards.
- Online payment gateway has been introduced and this is being provided by IOB at no up front cost to the University.
- Payment from institutions to the University have been converted into an electronic payment system through RTGS/NEFT based system with facility to update the remittance data into the system.
- Exam Management System has been deployed and implemented.
- TMR Scanning Project has been completed with over 25,000/- old Manual TMR Sheets now being made available in the Digital format and in a searchable form for the University staff. This significantly reduces the time taken to search and retrieve the TMR sheets needed for issue of Transcripts.
- Online Registration of candidates for all UG Courses launched from 1st October 2010 for the candidates admitted in the academic year 2010-2011
- Online entry of Internal Assessment Marks and Attendance successfully implemented for all UG/PG courses of Medical/Dental/Indian Medicine and Homoeopathy and Allied Health Science Courses.
- Introduced online spot entry of Oral/Practical Marks to process the results quickly.
- Online spot entry of theory marks by examiners introduced for all courses. This significantly reduces the time for processing of the results and does away with the earlier cumbersome system of scanning of sheets.
- Creation of an Online Question Paper Delivery System.
- E-Dissertation Project has been completed successfully with more than 3000 Dissertations submitted by the students over the last 7 years now being made available for Online access by students and faculty.
- Online Access to over 2000 Medical E-Journals has been provided to all students and Faculty of Government Medical Colleges across Tamil Nadu by installing the Ez Proxy remote authentication system on the University server.
- E-Mail Accounts have been created for over 300 Staff of the University.
- Faculty Registration System has been created and implemented.
- Student Registration System has been successfully deployed.
- E-mail IDs have been created for all the affiliated institutions of this University to communicate the instructions, circulars etc. immediately then and there from the University.