Name & Designation
Research Officer (Non-Medical) Gr -II
Profile - Education
M.Sc., M.Phil., Ph.D. (Zoology)
· Lecturer : Auxilium College Vellore (1993 to 1994)
· Senior Research Fellow (SRF): Madras Christian College (1994 to 1996)
· Research Assistant : Dept. of Experimental Medicine ,TN Dr.MGR Medical University (1996 to 2001)
· Technician : Dept. of Experimental Medicine ,TN Dr.MGR Medical University, regular Pay scale (2001 to 2012)
· Research Officer (Non-Medical) Gr II : Dept. of Experimental Medicine ,TN Dr.MGR Medical University (2012 onwards)
· National Reference Laboratory (NRL) for the External Quality Assurance Scheme (EQAS) in HIV testing
· The impact and issues faced by women infected with HIV in resource constrained setting
- Anitha D,Mini Jacob S, Ganesan, A, Mary Sushi, K.(2011) Diagnosis of HIV-1 infection in infants using dried blood spots in Tamil Nadu, South India. Indian Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and AIDS, 32(2): 99-102.
- Saramma Mini Jacob, SivasankaranPremkumar, Ravi Rajkumar, DurairajAnitha, Kamala Mary Sushi, GanesanArumugam. (2013) Comparison of HIV-1 DNA PCR results obtained from fresh and stored dried blood spots of HIV- 1 exposed infants. Innovative Journal of Medical and Health Science 3 (1): 29 – 31.
- K.Mary Sushi, K.Sivasangeetha, A.Suresh Kumar, PandiShastri, A.Ganesan, D.Anitha, G.Thatchinamoorthy, S.Mini Jacob. (2014) Seroprevalence of Lep- tospirosis, Enteric fever and Dengue in patients with acute febrile illness in Tamil Nadu, India. Indian Journal of Basic and Applied Medical Research 3 (2): 615- 623.
- S. M. Jacob, K. Sivasangeetha, K. M. Sushi, G. Thatchinamoorthy, D.Anitha and A. Ganesan. (2015) Health Education Program on Leptospirosis among College Students in Chennai, South India. International Journal of Tropical Disease and Health. 7(4): 172-177.
- ArumugamGanesan, Saramma Mini Jacob, S Baskaran, K. Sivasangeetha, K. Mary Sushi,D.Anitha. (2015) Assessment of Modified Immunofluorescent Tech- nique for Detection of Human Leptospirosis in Febrile Patients in Chennai, India. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 2 (suppl_1), 1732.
- K. Sivasangeetha, K. Mary Sushi, G. Thatchinamoorthy,S. Mini Jacob. (2015) Health Awareness on Malaria and its recent developments in college students, Chennai, South India. International Journal of Current Research and Review. 7 (17): 15-19.
- Jacob SM, Gopal T, Kanagasabai S, Durairaj A, Sushi KM,Arumugam G. (2015) Herpes simplex virus 2 infection in HIV-seropositive individuals in Tamil Nadu, India. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. 4 (3): 404-407.
- Sivasangeetha K, Mary Sushi K, Thatchinamoorthy G, Mini Jacob S, Shantharam D. (2015) Influence of Awareness Programme on Tuberculosis in College Stu- dents in Chennai. International Journal of Health Sciences and Research. 5(2): 329-334.
- Kamala Mary Sushi, S Geethalakshmi, K Sivasangeetha, S Mini Jacob, GopalThatchinamoorthy, D Anitha, A Ganesan, G Pachiyappan,P. Gowthami. (2016) Social Responsibility leads the way for leadership and engagement of Col- lege Students on effective and sustainable HIV responses. Open Forum Infectious Diseases. 3 (suppl_1), 2280.
· Presented poster on 4thInternational Conference on HIV and Women at Washing- ton DC, USA on 13& 14th January 2014.
· Participated in 7th National Conference of AIDS Society of India- ASICON 2014 held from 12th to 14th December, 2014 at Kolkatta
· Three day workshop on “Orientation and Implementation of ISO 15189 : 2012 Quality Standards in the HIV Testing Reference Laboratories” from 14th to 16th April 2014 at Trivandrum conducted by PCI in co-ordination with NACO
· HIV UPDATE 2014 on 10th July, 2014
· HIV UPDATE 2015 on 8th October 2015
· Attended the GCLP workshop conducted by YRG from 12/3/15 to 14/3/15
· Attended the Infection Control and Bio Medical Waste Management Practices Training in MMC on 22.4.2015.
· Attended the British Medical Journal (BMJ) Conclave 2016, Chennai on 19/8/16
· Training on using the colour coded bins as per Biomedical Waste Management 2016 guidelines conducted by G.J MulticlavePvt Ltd. on 20/4/17.
· Seminar on Bio-Medical Waste Management 2016 guidelines on 28th June 2017
· Seminar on National Ethical Guidelines for Biomedical and Health Research in- volving Human Participants-ICMR 2017 Guidelines.
· Training in Quality Management systems and Internal audit in Medical Laborato- ries as per ISO 15189: 2012 on 18th – 21st July 2018 at NIRT, Chennai